First Grade Paper I & Paper II
RAJASTHAN PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION, AJMER
SYLLABUS FOR EXAMINATION FOR THE POST OF LECTURER
PAPER – I
General Awareness and General Studies
- History of Rajasthan and Indian History with special emphasis on Indian National Movement
– Development of Art, Science and Literature during Mouryan and Gupta Periods. Ancient Indian education system and educational institutions of learning, Indian cultural expansion abroad. – Growth of education during British period, Freedom Struggle of 1857. Rise of Nationalist movement, Prominent leaders of national movement, V.D. Savarkar, Bankim Chandra, Lal, Bal, Pal, Chandra Shekhar Azad, Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Ras Behari Bose, Subhash Chandra Bose., social and religious renaissance- Raja Ram Mohan Roy, Dayanand Saraswati and Vivekanand.
– Mahatma Gandhi and National movement.
– Freedom Struggle of 1857 and Rajasthan. Peasant and labour movement. Vijay Singh Pathik, Arjun Lal Sethi, Kesari Singh and Joravar Singh Bareth.
– Shivaji and the Maratha Swaraj, Rajput polity, society and culture during 7 th to 12 th centuries.
– Bhakti movement and cultural synthesis, development of education, language, literature, Art and Architecture during Mugal Period. – Maharana Pratap, struggle with the Mugals.
- Mental Ability Test
Analogy, series completion, coding-decoding, blood relations, logical venn diagrams, alphabetical test, number ranking and time sequence test, mathematical operations, arithmetical reasoning, data interpretation, data sufficiency, cubes and dice, construction of sequences and triangles.
Statistics (Secondary Level)
Collection of data, presentation of data, graphical representation of data, measures of central tendency, mean, mode, median of ungrouped and grouped data.
Mathematics (Secondary Level)
Natural, rational and irrational numbers, real numbers and their decimal expansions, operations on real numbers, laws of exponents for real numbers, rational numbers and their decimal expansions. Zeroes of a polynomial. Relationship between zeroes and coefficients of a polynomial. Division algorithm for polynomials. Algebraic methods of solution of pair of linear equations in two variables.
Surface area of a cuboid and a cube, right circular cylinder, right circular cone, sphere. Volume of a cuboid, cylinder, right circular cone and sphere, Surface area and volume of a combination of solids conversion of solid from shape to another.
Language ability test : Hindi, English
- संधि और संधि विच्छेद ।
- उपसर्ग ।
- प्रत्यय ।
- विपरीतार्थक (विलोम) शब्द ।
- अनेकार्थक शब्द ।
- शब्द – युग्म ।
- शब्द – शुद्धि: अशुद्ध शब्दों का शुद्धीकरण और शब्दगत अशुद्धि का कारण ।
- वाक्य – शुद्धि: अशुद्ध वाक्यों का शुद्धीकरण और वाक्यगत अशुद्धि का कारण ।
- क्रिया: सकर्मक और अकर्मक क्रियाएँ ।
- अँगरेजी के पारिभाषिक (तकनीकी) शब्दों के समानार्थक हिन्दी शब्द ।
GENERAL ENGLISH :
- Tenses/Sequence of Tenses.
- Voice : Active and Passive.
- Narration : Direct and Indirect.
- Use of Articles and Determiners.
- Use of Prepositions.
- Correction of sentences including subject, Verb, Agreement, Degrees of Adjectives, Connectives and words wrongly used.
- Glossary of official, Technical Terms (with their Hindi Versions).
- Forming new words by using prefixes and suffixes.
- Confusable words.
- Current Affairs
Census of India and Raj 2011, Current Programmes of development in India with special reference to Rajasthan, Schemes of women Empowerment in India with special reference to Rajasthan, skill developmement Programmes, Renewable Energy resources and their potential in India. Health and Hygiene Schemes of Rajasthan, Space programmes of India, Atomic Energy programmes, India and the world events of importance, Persons and places of India in current issues, Contemporary events in Science and Technology in India, National and International Awards and Prizes, Latest Books and Authors of India, Sports and games.
- General Science
Atoms and molecules, Chemical reactions and equations, Carbon and its compounds, Force and laws of motion, Work and energy, Tissues, Control and coordination, Heredity and evolution, Management of natural resources, Protection of environment, Biodiversity and sustainable development.
– Salient feature of the constitution of India, Indian Executive, Legislature, and Judiciary – Organization, Theory and practice, Elections in India. The president of India, Election and emergency powers of the president.
– Cabinet, Prime Minister and his powers.
– Parliament, speaker and his functions.
– Beurocratic set up of India.
– Political parties and their role – Theory and practice.
– Supreme court – Organization and powers, Commissions and Boards at -national level.
Geography of Rajasthan
Location, extent, shape, size, physical features climate, demographic characterstics, agriculture, mineral resources, energy resources. Tourism and transport. Industries and trade.
- Educational Management, Educational scenario in Rajasthan, Right to Education Act 2009, Concept and functions of educational management, Educational management in Rajasthan, School as a unit of decentralized planning, Educational management information System(EMIS), Institutional planning, School mapping, Block Resource Centre(BRC), School Management Committee(SMC), District Information System for Education(DISE), Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan(SSA), Rashtriya Madhyanik Shiksha Abhiyan(RMSA). Organisation of educational set up at primary and secondary in Rajasthan , Functions of RIE, SIERT, BSER, IASE, CTE, DIET, Rajasthan Educational Intiative, Balika Shiksha Foundation, Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidalaya, Rajasthan text book board, Bharat Scouts and Guides.
Rasthriya Military school, Sainik school, Public school, Model school, E-Mitra, EGovernance, Rajshiksha, Edusat, Gyandarshan, Gyanvani. Provisions of Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act, 2009
* * * * *
Scheme of Examination
S.No. Subject No. of Questions Total Marks
1 History of Rajasthan and Indian History with special emphasis
on Indian National Movement 15 30
2 Mental Ability Test, Statistics (Secondary Level), Mathematics
(Secondary Level), Language Ability Test : Hindi, English 20 40
3 Current affairs 10 20
4 General Science, Indian Polity, Geography of Rajasthan 15 30
5 Educational Management, Educational Scenario in Rajasthan,
Right to Education Act, 2009 15 30
Total 75 150
1 All the question in the Paper shall be Multiple Choice Type Question.
2 Negative marking shall be applicable in the evaluation of answers. For every wrong answer one-third of the marks prescribed for that particular question shall be deducted. Explanation : Wrong answer shall mean an incorrect answer or multiple answer.
3 Duration of the paper shall be 1 Hour 30 Minutes.
RAJASTHAN PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION, AJMER
SYLLABUS FOR EXAMINATION FOR THE POST OF LECTURER IN
- Knowledge of Subject concerned: Senior Secondary Level
- Interior of earth, rocks, earthquakes and Volcanoes, Plate techtonics, work of wind, running waters, Glaciers.
- Structure and Composition of Atmosphere, Insolation and Heat budget,major climatic regions of World.
- Relief features of the Oceans, salinity, tides, ocean currents.
- India- Location, physiographic divisions, climate, vegetation, soils.
- Population: distribution and density and growth.
- Disaster management: flood, draught, landslides.
- Major crops, Minerals, Iron and Steel Industry, Cotton and Textile Industry.
- Environment Pollution, sustainable development.
- Human Geography- Definition, scope and principles. Primary, secondary, tertiary and quaternary activities. Transportation communication and Distribution, density and growth of world Population. Human development concept.
- Scales, Projections, Spatial information technology, mean, median, mode, standard deviation, correlation.
- Knowledge of Subject concerned : Graduation Level
- Physical Geography: Isostasy, Earth movements, Inversion of Temperature, pressure belts and wind circulation. Classification of climates of the world: Koppen’s, Thornwait. Ocean deposits. Formation of Coral Reefs and Atolls.
- Human Geography: Modern school of thought in Human Geographypossibilism, determinism, neo-determinism. Migration its causes and Distribution of important races of the world.
- Economic Geography: Natural resources and their distribution.
- Agricultural regions of the world. Industrial regions of the world.
- Geography of Thought: Definition, scope, nature and purpose of Geography, contribution of Greek Geographers, Roman Geographers. Works of Humboldt, Ritter, Ratzel, Hartshorne, Huntington, Blache and Carl Saur.
- Rajasthan: Physiography, climate, vegetation, soils, irrigation. Major crops, chief minerals, major Industries. Population distribution and density. Desertification, Agro-climate regions.
- Knowledge of Subject concerned: PG Level
- Geography of Thought- Dualism in geography. Behavioural geography. Recent trends in geography. Development of geography in India.
- Geomorphology- Fundamental concepts, slope evolution. Application of Geomorphic mapping. Environmental
- Economic Geography- Theories of Plant location: Weber’s Least Cost Economic regions of India.
- Urban Geography- Origin and growth of Towns in Ancient Medival and Modern period. Umland principles of Town Planning.
- Agricultural Geography- Von Thunen’s Agricultural Location theory. Green revolution in India. Agro-forestry importance and its scope in India.
- Population Geography- Theories of Population: Malthusian and optimum. The population policy of Government of India.
- Political Geography- Development of Political Geography. Concepts of The Unified field theory of Political Geography by B.S. Jones. Frontiers Boundaries and Buffer zones.
Part – IV (Educational Psychology, Pedagogy, Teaching Learning Material,
Use of computers and Information Technology in Teaching Learning)
- Importance of Psychology in Teaching-Learning :
- Teaching-learning process,
- School effectiveness.
- Development of Learner
- Cognitive, Physical, Social, Emotional and Moral development patterns and characteristics among adolescent learner.
- Teaching – Learning :
- Concept, Behavioural, Cognitive and constructivist principles of learning and its implication for senior secondary students.
- Learning characteristics of adolescent and its implication for teaching.
- Managing Adolescent Learner :
- Concept of mental health and adjustment problems.
- Emotional Intelligence and its implication for mental health of
- Use of guidance techniques for nurturing mental health of adolescent.
- Instructional Strategies for Adolescent Learner :
- Communication skills and its use.
- Preparation and use of teaching-learning material during teaching.
- Different teaching approaches: Teaching models- Advance organizer, Scientific enquiry, Information, processing, cooperative learning.
- Constructivist principles based Teaching.
- ICT Pedagogy Integration :
- Concept of ICT.
- Concept of hardware and software.
- System approach to instruction.
- Computer assisted learning.
- Computer aided instruction.
- Factors facilitating ICT pedagogy integration.
Paper – II Subject Concerned
Duration : 3 Hour
S.No. Subject No. of Questions Total Marks
1 Knowledge of Subject Concerned : Senior Secondary Level 55 110
2 Knowledge of Subject Concerned : Graduation Level 55 110
3 Knowledge of Subject Concerned : Post Graduation Level 10 20
4 Educational Psychology, Pedagogy, Teaching Learning
Material, Use of Computers and Information Technology
in Teaching Learning. 30 60
Total 150 300
- All the question in the Paper shall be Multiple Choice Type Question.
- 2. Negative marking shall be applicable in the evaluation of answers. For every wrong answer one-third of the marks prescribed for that particular question shall be deducted.
Explanation : Wrong answer shall mean an incorrect answer or multiple answer.
The Institute of Geography